Monday, December 7, 2015

Kickin' it with Genealogical Proof Standard and Cibo Matto

In 2005, Christine Rose published Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case and it was the first contact I had with the GPS. It is a slim book but packs quite a bit of information within. Two chapters in particular, "Building a Solid and Convincing Case," and "Weighing the Records," helped me immensely to wrap my mind around some of the concepts of the GPS that I did not understand early on in my genealogical education. Since 2005, there have been other editions of this book, and since they were so helpful in the past, I have them also in my library: the 3rd edition (purple) and the 4th edition (green). It is interesting to see what revisions are in the new editions, what changes have been made and what updates there are -- because genealogy is a growing organism.

The first time I read the entire book from cover to cover, it took under an hour. Cibo Matto's Viva la Woman, is just around the same amount of time. Plus it is super chill.

Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case 4th edition

Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case 3rd edition

Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case 1st edition

Cibo Matto, Viva la Woman